Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ceiling started..first luan piece

This is our second test of the use of luan as ceiling material.  We are lookng for an inexpensive, unique and hopefully classy ceiling which provides a cozy and warm feeling throughout the house.   Supporting the Luan will be a checkerbox style of 1x3's. 

We aren't sure yet if we are going to stain the Luan or simply seal it with that wonder substance POLYURETHANE!.  The 1x3's we will probably keep natural so there is a warm, living contrast.  Of course they too will be sealed with none other than POLYURETHANE! as well.  

My motto?: You can never have too much POLYURETHANE in the home.

edit note: I mistakenly wrote "expensive" when I meant "inexpensive".   I hurried back to fix it before Deb saw it and I had to take her to the hospital to get her heart started up again.

No comments: