Monday, March 12, 2012

Stub outs for hot and cold water in the kitchen

Hot and Cold water pipes stubbed out in the Kitchen Wall.  When I was done I noticed nails stickng through the side of the stud very near the pex plastic pipes and it worried me.  I cut off all the nails  with a sawzall but I was still concerned.  All it would take is some fudge brain to drive a nail into the kitchen or outside wall and we would have a huge mess.

I have since decided to armor the pipes by placing them into 3/4 inch EMT pipe.  Running from the stub outs to the studs top plate, it should serve a dual purpose; protect against the unthinking, chronically brain dead idiot who hasn't got the common sense God gave the ordinary, unfrosted pop-tart and guard against the pipes from freezing by the close proximitity of hot water pex to the cold water pex.  This is an outside wall and freezing is a real concern.  Hopefully this approach will help.

No comments: