Sunday, May 1, 2011

Electricity 101

Deb, I and the boys went out this afternoon and had a good time. We cleaned up the porch deck courtyard, routed and stained 10 ten foot pieces of trim and I worked on the electrical circuit I couldn't get to work last time out.

The boys did most of the work in the courtyard; picking up and stacking all the lumber and burning the trash. Still amazes me to burn trash like we did in my childhood.

We saved the overstained trim from a few weeks back and Nathan is a very good stainer. He tackled the job with both enthusiasm and skill and also taught Jason how to apply and wipe off the excess stain. We left the new trim drying in the garage for our next trip out.

The problematic circuit was vexing to say the least. It should have worked the way it was wired but didn't. I tore the junction box apart and rewired. Ran a new power line from the circuit panel to the junction box and installed a new 20 amp breaker. But when I flipped the power main the damn thing still didn't work! I ran a meter over everything and just like before, only the GFI was getting power. Then I noticed the reset switch on the gfi outlet, pressed it and wa-la! The circuit worked perfectly! I am such a dum dum stupid ass!






No comments: