Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Deb's Dad - Jack and Strippers

A few months back Jack was down to help with electrical wiring - something I knew only enough about to be dangerous.   We wired a three way switch and light for the back room and while doing so, I noticed he had a few unusual tools which he left behind when he went home for the day. 

I didn't see the automatic wire stripper in action that day nor did I have any idea what they did or how they worked.  Looking like something the Chinese torturer guy in "Lethal Weapon" would have used on Mel Gibson, I gave them nothing more than a curious look at the time.

Recently I have been installing lights, outlets, circuits etc using my own tools when I thought of the ones Jack had left.  I found the automatic wire stripper and after experimenting with it for a while I started using it on every wire which needed to be stripped.  

This damn tool is amazing!   It takes an annoying and irratating repetitive task and makes it easy as pie.  And I LOVE pie.   I love this tool - it appears old as the hills but it works flawlessly. 

Here is a pic of a new, similair automatic wire stripper.....

No comments: