Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Electrical Started...

Finally ready to install 220 line to stove. Andrew ran the AWG SER #6/2 w G line from circuit panel to outlet location. I added the cable armor and began to attach the outlet when I realized home depot sold me the wrong cable!



This cable was used in very old ranges but is against code and potentially dangerous. Concerned home depot wouldn't take back cut cable I researched how to make it work. Apparently, the white and black can be used as hot and the bare ground is neutral. Tempted, my fear or shock, deb or kids getting shocked made me pull the cable and take my chances with the store.


Here is the cable in the proposed junction box.



And the cable run to outlet location...







Location:S Brentwood Ave,Independence,United States

No comments: