Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Welding

Dave,

I am looking at your pics and the repair is no problem. The concern I have is location and beam size. What proximity is this repair to be made? How big is the beam. I charge $50/hour starting once I leave my shop and ending on my return. I figure that repair to take an hour or less as long as the beam is level and straight when I get there. It would save you some cash if all the prep work was done prior to my arrival so I can get in and get out. If you want to pursue this, please contact me. 816-349-4943 Thank you for the opportunity,

Dan

Dave

I am going to weld a 3/16" to 1/4" plate to span each side of the crack 8" out from the crack. It seems, from what you describe, this is a factory weld that joined two beams. This plate will reinforce the beam in the center and eliminate this problem. For the rest of the prep I need the beam clean of loose surface rust and paint 9 inches away from the crack on each side. If the beam is true (straight) and clean of surface debris, I should be in and out quickly. Also, I need driving access with 15 feet to back my welder up close to the work.

No comments: