Friday, August 20, 2010

Missing Wire

We may have finally solved the mystery of the missing wire - wire purchased for the rewiring job done by our electrician.

Per his instruction I bought 250 ft of standard 12/3 wire and 100 feet each of 12/2 and 10/2. We all stayed late that night helping to string the wire throughout the house. The next time we met Dale, the electrician, at home depot prior to heading to the lake house to finish wiring, he had a strange look on his face when he said we needed more wire.

I was certain there wS plenty of wire left over but had lost track of the wire spools since that late night. Reluctantly, I bought more wire just in case - certain I would be bringing it back for a refund.

I was wrong. We looked everywhere - no wire anywhere. I had strong suspicianz that Dale or one of his helpers had taken the wire but absolutely no proof - so I held my tongue.

Until now: Jason our fourteen year old son tells me of how he was told by one of Dale's helpers to put the new wire in the back of his car. Jason neve mentioned this until now as he had not been part of our discussions about this issue.

so now what do we do? We are also missing tools that Dale borrowed....

No comments: