Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Flaming Gas Can

So after many e-mail's from Dave begging me to post something on here, I guess will talk to everyone about the dangers of making a fire bugger by pouring gas into an already lit fire. To be fair, it wasn't a well thought out plan but peer pressure made me do it. I was not happy with how slow the fire was burning so i thought it would be cool to pour gas straight from the can into the fire. You remember those old cartoon's where gun powder split from a barrel would follow it all the way back to the container? Yeah that was basically the same concept except faster. So in my hand I had a burning container of gasoline in my hand and I had no idea what to do with it. I tossed it into the street, wondering what to do with it, also fearing the consequences of tossing a possible bomb into the street, while being completely oblivious to the fact that my glove was on fire. My hand was fine but that was quite a shock. I told Dave about the problem we had and he told me to get it out of the street. I pushed it with a pole down the street but the problem that ensued was I had a rolling fireball going down the field. I was able to stop it and push it onto the gravel road and get it extinguished but I felt like a fool after that. I only wondered what the neighbor's thought? Probably something along the lines of, "How long before my property's value diminishes?"

No comments: